Prentiss Church of God
59 Church Hill Lane
Franklin, NC 28734
Serving Locally Nationally & Internationally
(Modified Article from Franklin Press Jan. 03, 2004)
"One of the oldest Pentecostal Churches in Macon began with four members"
Prentiss Church of God is one of the oldest Pentecostal churches in Macon County and according to "Macon County Heritage Vol. 1", was organized at the home of George and Maxine Henderson Sprinkle.
In June of 1933, the church was set in order by Rev. Glover Ledford with four charter members, Maxine Henderson Sprinkle who pastored the church, John Sprinkle , Mrs. Mollie Henderson and Mrs. Sallie Sanders.
Preaching services were held in Sprinkle's home until the congregation became too large, then they moved to the porch and front yard.
Tim and Allie Wood donated the land for the first church building, which was located on Georgia Road.
In 1955, the new Georgia Highway was being built , so the church had to move. A new building was erected on Addington Bridge Road, and though it has been remodeled through the years, still remains there. And has been sold to the congregation of "The House of Prayer".
Since it's beginning, in the home of Maxine Sprinkle, the Pentecostal church known as "Prentiss" has continued to grow. The church now has over 325 in attendance.
The Rev. Don Moffitt has pastored the Prentiss Church of God for 33 years. Seeing a need for a bigger building, Pastor Moffitt approached the congregation with plans for a new church.
After much prayer and consideration a groundbreaking ceremony was held in 2003, to begin work on the new "Prentiss Church of God". The new 25,0000 square feet building can seat 650 parishoners and is located a short distance from the #2 church.
Church # 2
Groundbreaking Ceremony for "The New Prentiss Church of God"
"Our Current Facility-
Church # 1
From four charter members to more than 300, could only have been a vision for Sister Sprinkle when the church first began in her home. Through the dedication and leadership of Sprinkle and those who have succeeded her, in 2006 Prentiss Church of God has a new home with room for many who seek salvation.